Take the challenge and help inspirer leaders in the Scout section
Are you passionate about providing the best quality activities and programmes the scout section?
Do you enjoy inspiring, enthusing and motivating Leaders in Scouting?
We are looking for 2 County Leaders who will work together to lead and coordinate the Scout Section across our County making this a fun and rewarding role which does not ask to much of those how take it on and will enable them to continue in their current roles without the County role becoming too demanding.
Taking on this exciting and varied role you would be joining our County's Youth Programme team with responsibility for leading the Scout Section across our five Scout Districts.
Our County Youth Programme team consists of:
- the Deputy County Commissioner for Youth Programme
- County Leaders (6 - 10)
- County Leaders (10 - 14)
- County Leaders (14 - 25)
The main tasks of this role include:
- build and maintain a productive and supportive relationships with the Assistant District Commissioners and District Leaders for Scouts in each of our 5 Scout Districts, through networking and regular communication,
- chair the termly County support meetings for ADC Scouts and District Scout Leaders,
- oversee any County events for Scouts (at least one event a year - this doesn’t mean plan and run all events),
- support and advise leaders as required in the delivery of the Balanced Programme within the Scout Section,
- champion youth shaped scouting and the empowerment of Scouts and Young Leaders working in the Scout Section in decisions affecting their participation in scouting,
- help to the development of the Scout Section across the county.
What are we looking for?
The only prerequisite to volunteer with us – apart from enthusiasm, of course – is that you're over 18. We provide an induction, lots of ongoing support and training which can result in external recognition with:
- The Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM)
- The Institute of Training and Occupational Learning (ITOL)
- Gateway Qualifications
These awards are recognised by many external organisations, bodies and employers, making them a great addition to your volunteering experience and your CV.
The benefits of volunteering with Scouting
Volunteering with Scouts can enrich your life – don’t just take our word for it. Over 90% of our volunteers say that their Scout experiences are hugely beneficial:
We have an award-winning training scheme for our volunteers so you get as much from it as our amazing young people, including practical skills like first aid and transferable skills like communication and leadership.
Boost your CV
More than two thirds of our volunteers say their CVs have been enhanced by joining Scouts. Employers love to see the commitment of volunteers, and through Scouts you can get vital experience in areas like management, administration and activities.
Make new friends
A whopping 97% of our volunteers say their involvement has helped them forge new friendships.
There’s no better feeling than making a difference to communities and transforming the lives of young people. How’s that for job satisfaction?
The only prerequisite to volunteer with us – apart from enthusiasm, of course – is that you're over 18. We know our volunteers lead busy lives, so we’re all about flexibility: whatever the time and skills available we can find a great role for you.
You can choose to volunteer with us once a week, twice a month or once a year – in the thick of activities with young people or behind the scenes in management, executive or support roles.
Interested on this role?
Click here and fill out enquiry form and start your scouting adventure today!