Module 10 - First Response
Leaders, Managers and Supporters in Scouting must hold a current first aid qualification of 'First Response' level or above, when their appointment is renewed and for the award of their Wood Badge. However, you are encouraged to keep your qualification up to date at all times.
For a qualification to be considered an equivalent to First Response it must meet the following criteria:
- The qualification needs to be set by a recognised national body such as St John Ambulance, The British Red Cross, NYA, British Canoeing, MLTB, HSE etc.
- The qualification must involve training of at least 6 hours duration.
- The qualification must be run by a qualified First Aid trainer.
- The qualification must cover the following areas:
- Principles of First Aid
- Initial response to a First Aid situation
- Emergency Life Support (DRABC)
- Causes and Treatment of Unconsciousness
- Bleeding (Major and Minor)
- Heat Exhaustion, heatstroke and hypothermia
- Burns and Scalds
- Fractures and Soft tissue injuries
If a qualification meets the above criteria then it can be considered a suitable alternative to First Response and satify the minimum training requirements for completion of Module 10 and Woodbadge presentation and appointment renewal.
Further information regarding the appropriateness of First Aid qualifications is available in the factsheet First Response: Definition and Equivalents .
Please click on the date of the course you want to attend to go through to our booking page for that course.
Please note the venue of each course.
Briset Road, Eltham, London, SE9 6HN - google map
Royal Greenwich District Scout Centre (The Crescent)
19 Waveley Crescent, Plumstead, London, SE18 7RF - google map
South London Scout Centre
Grange Lane, Dulwich, London, SE21 7LH - google map