The Alexander Fund is set up to further the aims of the Scout Association in the London Boroughs of Lambeth and Wandsworth.
The main object of the Trust is to provide financial assistance to help Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Explorers, Network, Leaders and Helpers attend Scout Camps. Support for other Scouting activities can be considered at the discretion of the Trustees.
Applications are welcome for the activities listed below. There is no guarantee that applications will be successful. The Trustees’ decision will be final in all cases. All applications must be sent to the scheme administrator and not to individual Trustees. Up to 3 applications per section and the Group per year can be made for camps.
The cost to each member must be reduced by the amount of grant and not benefit groups. Applications must be received no later than 3 months after the event. All grants are paid in retrospect.
Applications can be made for:
1) Camps under canvas or using indoor accommodation lasting up to 14 nights – £5 per person per night. Camps that last in excess of 14 nights will be considered separately by the Trustees. Separate applications must be made for each camp.
2) Transport costs for camps in the UK only – up to 50% of receipted cost. Additional help with transport costs can be considered in exceptional circumstances.
3) Applications for grants for special projects such as overseas visits:
Applications in writing must be made well before the event, to enable the Administrator to submit each project to the Trustees for their consideration. The Trustees meet 4 times a year. They are not able to consider any grant application outside these meetings.
4) Day Outings – up to £3.00 per person. Outings must be of a Scouting nature.
5) Leader Training. Applications can be made in writing for the full cost of Leader training and first aid courses. District Commissioners must approve such courses.
6) Activities – Information on the type of activities being carried out. E.g. Archery, Climbing, Pioneering, Water activities, etc. All activities must be itemized and costed separately.
7) Building Repairs and Maintenance: Applications must be made in writing with estimates. The Trustees will then consider such applications on their merits.